Thursday, August 17, 2023

Updated sewing room

My sewing table became small when I bought the overlock machine, I had to constantly move things around, this already happened when I needed to cut fabrics and had to take the sewing machine out, but lately it got a lot worse, also I had nowhere to put things except on the floor.

This meant that it was time to turn the sewing room around and add a bigger table, I spent several weeks thinking about how I would do it because I wanted to use all the modules I already had but with a different configuration, but since every module was of a different height I couldn’t figure how to do it, also this was during that period when my brain did not cooperate.

After many ideas and a lot of indecision I ended up deciding to buy a desk that allowed me to work sitting or standing, coincidentally at that time I found a door and I decided to use it as a table top, as it was a good size (2.10 m x 0.75 m), so I just bought the desk base.

I lined the door with sticker paper with the same pattern as the old table, they are practically the same, the only negative point is that the sticker paper, being shiny, reflects the light when making videos.

I made some alterations to the old table, I changed the drawers in the small module (where I have all my threads) for wider ones, so I put the drawers where I have the material I use most under the new table on the right side.

In the meantime I found a drawer unit that just needed a little glue and a coat of paint, as I still had the same handles as the drawers on the old table, I put them in and was left with a new drawer unit to place to the left of the new table.

Antes
Depois   













All modules have wheels, and both tables have the same base height so I can push them together if necessary, the new table doesn't have wheels but as it's not heavy I can push it.


Here's the end result, so far I'm satisfied, the only thing I'm not satisfied with is not having a way to hang the accessories over the old table, I don't want to drill holes in the wall and I couldn't think of any alternatives. If you have a suggestion to solve this problem please let me know.




No comments:

Post a Comment