Thursday, August 17, 2023

Ekedalen chair seat cover

I have Ekedalon chairs that I bought because the seat had removable covers that could be washed, what I didn't know when I bought them was that to remove the cover I have to remove the seat from the chair, which is not practical at all. 

So I decided to make some covers that I can place over the seat without having to take it off, this was the result. 

You can apply the same principle to make covers for other chair models.

Only on the third attempt did I get a good result, the one from the first attempt was too small and the second one was too big, but that doesn't mean I'm going to stop using the prototypes, the first one stayed on the sewing chair right away.

I used a tablecloth to make them, the fabric is full-bodied and white, in addition to matching the chairs, I know it won't fade after washing. Another advantage is that the fabric is smooth, unlike the original covers where you can se and feel the threads, which makes it difficult to remove stains.

With use I realized that they are more secure if the cord goes under the seat, this way the knot is also hidden under the seat, as in the photo on the right.

The video has the measurements I used if you want to try it.


 

1 comment:

  1. Hi, good idea and you made it look simple. Well, not so simple for me as I am not that great of a sewer. I like how you made it as an easily removable cover. I was looking up replacement covers and here in Spain they are 15 euros per seat, which is expensive. I would like to make new covers (where I remove the seat, remove the old one, and place down a new one) but I have no idea how to make that pattern.

    Do you have any ideas or suggestions?

    ReplyDelete