Thursday, August 17, 2023

Chair cover for a desk chair

I recently changed my sewing chair for a chair with wheels, but the upholstery of the new chair is a fabric that is a little warm for the summer and it attract threads and bits of fabric, I have to clean it all the time, so I decided to make a cover. 

I used fabric from a tablecloth, it's the same one I used to make the covers for the kitchen chairs that I shared earlier.

For the seat I made a pattern out of paper and used the existing seams as a guide. As the chair has many curves, the way that seemed the simplest to me was to place the fabric over the chair and pin it around, then I sewed it and put it back on to check if it was good.

It worked, I just had to redo the seam at the top of the seat where it curves. After sewing one side I used that side as a template to make the other.

It turned out pretty good and I'm glad I made it because a few days after I put it on I spilled juice on the seat, so it was easy to clean.



No comments:

Post a Comment