Friday, February 9, 2024

From scraps to potholders

The one on  the right is my favourite.

Another project made with reuse of materials, in this case small scraps of denim that I used to make some kitchen potholders. In addition to the denim scraps, I used scraps from a tablecloth and the filling of some kitchen gloves whose exterior was already burnt.

This same technique can be used to make other pieces, I made potholders because that's what I needed but it can be used to make cushions, bags, tablecloths, rugs or even quilts. For larger projects you can use larger scraps.

the one that is not has expected
I tried three different models, but one of them didn't turn out the way I wanted, I couldn't figure out how to leave all the seams on the inside despite having tried several times and in different ways. They didn't turn out as well as the others.

The ones I liked the most, both in terms of making them and the final result, were the first ones, I managed to keep all the seams hidden and the way to make them is easier and quicker than the other models.

I need to practice more on  working with bias, the end result is not very good, but since I made them for my own use it doesn't bother me. I already have an idea of how to do it without using bias, but that's for another time because the video was already long enough.

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment