Friday, October 13, 2023

Sling Backpack (C30)

After the sling backpack I made a few weeks ago, I decided to try making one without using the bias binding, and it went well.

I think that doing it this way is easier and I think the result is also better, the only thing I didn't like was the fact that the lining was loose. To prevent it from getting stuck in the zipper, I decided to put a few hand stitches to hold it in place.

I used twill and canvas and added a medium structure because I thought the canvas didn't have enough "body". As I don't like sewing on the interfacing, I first sewed the pockets and only then glued the interfacing. I prefer to do it this way because it prevents the machine needle from getting glue residue and the seams are not so bulky, which sometimes causes the machine to skip stitches.

Here is the pattern and if you want, you can download the sheet with measurements in PDF or word format.


 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dimensões:

16 cm high, 16 cm wide, 6 cm deep.

Minimum strap length: 40 cm

Minimum strap length: 90 cm

Zip pocket -14 cm wide, 10 cm high

Pocket with velcro closure - 16 cm wide, 16 cm high

Interior pocket for tablet/ereader - 16 cm wide, 16 cm high


 

No comments:

Post a Comment