Thursday, April 13, 2023

From overalls to bags

Today I share a set of three bags whose inspiration came from some children's overalls.  

Initially I was going to use the overalls just to cut some strips of fabric for another project, but after taking them apart I thought the legs had a shape that would look good in an outside pocket in a bag, and on closer inspection I ended up separating three parts of the pants to use as a starting point for bags.

This idea came to me in the summer but I've only now managed to put it into practice, in this time I've been thinking about how to do it, along the way I've been modifying the initial ideas.

As the idea came up before starting the blog or even the videos, I don't have a picture of the overalls in their original state, but here's a picture of what's left of the dismantled piece.

The starting point was the front of the legs, the bib and the back.

In the first project (C19) I used the legs, more specifically the pocket area (marked in blue in the photo).

 

 

 

 

 




In the second project (C18) I used the legs (marked in red in the photo).

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

In the third project (C21) I used the back part (marked in green in the photo).





No comments:

Post a Comment